We, ten experienced journalists from all over Europe, are “Investigate Europe”. We research as a multinational team. We share, merge and cross-check facts — tackling the usual national bias. We point out responsible transnational structures and actors in issues of Europe-wide relevance to hold them accountable. We publish our work with over 30 media partners.
Do you want to work with us? IE wants to support journalism in Central and Eastern Europe and increase its impact in Europe beyond the region. We are looking for a journalist who will work with us on our next investigation, starting October 15. You will receive a research grant by us that will last until 15 January 2021, with the possibility of extending it for years to come.
The wide range of fields we cover and countries we come from means that there is no such thing as a typical IE journalist. However, a background in economical/political and investigative journalism is especially appreciated. Journalists from anywhere in the CEE region can apply. (Except Poland where we already have a team member.)
We take your career and development seriously and want to help you build a truly successful cooperation with us.
- Investigating with us on a national and EU-wide level
- Preparation of journalistic material
- Publishing in your country
- Cooperation with other members of Investigate Europe across borders
- Ensuring information flow between other team members
- Long term: propose new ideas and pitches
- Experience working on in-depth investigations as a journalist
- Good self-organisation and team working skills
- Ability to work under deadlines and high pressure
- High sense of responsibility and journalistic accuracy
- English B2/C1 level to be able to share material and communicate within the group
- Experience with cross-border projects is appreciated
- A basic understanding of the functioning of the EU
- A monthly grant of 1500€.
- The opportunity to work with a well-coordinated, internationally-recognised team
- Friendly atmosphere and open working culture
- Great autonomy of action
- Sufficient resources for travel, data and research
- Developments in project management
- The possibility of realising your own ideas
How to apply:
Application deadline September 20. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, including cover letter, CV, three reference people we can contact, and samples of your work.
If you have questions, you can reach out to Wojciech Cieśla (email@example.com).