Sorry, we are no longer taking applications for the following position:
Web & Social Media Assistant Editor on freelance basis
We, ten experienced journalists from all over Europe, are “Investigate Europe”. We research as a multinational team. We share, merge and cross-check facts – tackling the usual national bias. We point out responsible transnational structures and actors in issues of Europe-wide relevance to make it possible to hold them to acount.
We publish our work with more than 30 media partners. But want to strengthen our own \presence, using our website, https://www.investigate-europe.eu/, newsletters and social media.
For this, we are looking for support.
Working with the Editorial Director you will ensure that the website is kept updated and is clear and easy to access, you will:
- Build articles / sub-sites forpublications on our website
- Keep the ‘In the Media’ section of the site updated
- Ensure meta data and descriptions are optimised
- Work with the Editorial Director & the team to develop the site
- Suggest ways of promoting the site to reach new audiences
- Oversee the non-English sections of the page to ensure they are up-to-date
- Select images for the site, ensuring they are within copyright usage
You will also work on our newsletters and social media presence, you will:
- Schedule and set-up social media posts
- Schedule and set-up our newsletters
- Suggest ideas for newsletters and postings for review by the Editorial Director
- Excellent English (C2) and at least C1 knowledge of another EU language.
- An eye for detail and (background) knowledge in journalism.
- Understanding of social media and how to promote the work of IE.
- Good grasp of new online tools and a fast learner concerning technical skills.
- Experience with WordPress is helpful
- Picture editing skills (training can be provided in this)
- Knowledge of other European languages would be an advantage
- You have lived in Europe for an extended period and are now based in Europe or a time zone close to CET.
We are looking for someone to fulfil this role on a freelance basis. On a typical week this will be around 20 hours. The hourly rate will be 15 – 20 € depending on your skills and experience.
If you are interested, please email your motivation letter and CV to Editorial Director Elisa Simantke, email@example.com on or before 10 November 2019.